Real quick one this week.
I did some work on the shaders. They were a bit cryptic, with exposed floats for tuning. I cleaned all that up, and got rid of a bunch of prototype nonsense. The render cycle went from 0.4-0.6 milliseconds to 0.2-0.4 milliseconds, so that’s good, I suppose. Looks better too. I still need to profile the changes on mobile hardware, but the results should be similar.
I started on a sort of switchboard that will let us control the color and lighting in a more global way, probably based on tags.
The first pass on the Hero character and some of the inventory objects is done, and now I’m getting them all game ready.
Leave a Reply.