I did some work on the shader. Nothing is optimized yet. By cobbling together the work of some really smart people I have arrived at this.
This is the shader graph that makes the shader on all the objects in the video.
I put it all together using Strumpy Shader Editor. It's really fantastic. I still need to go through it and clean up stuff that I don't need or Is just to complex. I expect to be able to trim that graph down quite a bit, but for now it's working and doesn't seem to be very costly. Works great on the android devices I have on hand. I have to check it on IOS, but there is nothing going on in there that most apple devices should have trouble with. Everything is looking more and more like I originally intended, which is sort of amazing since I didn't know if some of the effects would even be possible in realtime, let alone on a handheld device. Turns out most of it is actually pretty simple. I suppose most things are, after you do them. This is the part where all the graphics programmers out there get to snicker "newb" under their breath.
Leave a Reply.